Price: £120 (Twins £160) From: 24 - 42 weeks gestation
The purpose of a growth scan is to determine the growth and health of the baby. This scan includes measurements of the baby’s head, abdominal circumference and femur (thigh bone). Evaluation of the placental position, fetal movements and the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding the baby will also be undertaken. If necessary, we will assess the blood flow through the umbilical cord.
Calculations will be made to assess the growth of the baby according to the gestation and will provide an estimation of the baby’s weight. You will be provided with a report at the end of the scan which will display the various measurements taken and any related charts. The sonographer performing the scan will be able to answer any further questions you may have. If an abnormality is detected or suspected on your scan the Sonographer will discuss this with you. You will be given a report to take away and an appointment will be arranged for you at the hospital within a few days. You will then be scanned again, once a diagnosis has been made the management of the pregnancy will be discussed further.
Many women find the growth scan reassuring and can be carried out from 24 weeks until birth.
About Growth Scan
The sonographer will scan through the tummy (trans-abdominally).
- Preparation: No specific preparation is required. Please bring your Hospital Obstetric Notes with you when you attend for this scan.
- Appointment length: Approximately 30 minutes, of which you can expect 15 to 20 minutes of scanning time.
What's included in your Growth Scan
- Photographs: 4 x Black and white 2D Thermal images available free of charge.
- DVD: The entire scan.
- CD-ROM: All still images stored onto a CD-ROM in JPEG format. This allows for storage, emailing and reprinting at a later date.
- Pregnancy Report: A detailed report confirming all the scan findings will be produced including appropriate measurements.
- Fetal Sexing: Optional - you will be asked at the end of your appointment if you wish to know.
- We will always give you several black and white images of your baby
although at this late stage of pregnancy the images may not be very
Get in touch to find out more or make an enquiry.Contact Us
"Lovely friendly staff, that put you at ease. Was recommended by a friend and will definitely recommend you to others. " L Gilbert, Sutton Coldfield