Sexing Scan or Gender Scan
£75 (Twins £90) (from 16 weeks 0 days - 23 weeks 6 days)
£120 (Twins £160) (from 24 weeks 0 days - 42 weeks)From: 16 - 42 weeks gestation
A sexing scan (also known as a gender scan) can determine the sex (or gender) of your baby from 16 weeks of pregnancy. Our baby sexing scans at Premier Scans in Lichfield, Staffordshire
Sexing scans or gender scans at this early gestation are not routinely offered on the NHS but you may have one privately without affecting your NHS entitlement. If an abnormality is detected or suspected on your scan the Sonographer will discuss this with you. You will be given a report to take away and an appointment will be arranged for you at the hospital within a few days. You will then be scanned again, once a diagnosis has been made the management of the pregnancy will be discussed further.
About your Sexing/Gender Scan
The sonographer will scan you through your tummy (trans-abdominally) using the latest technology
- Preparation: Please try to attend with a full bladder as this will improve the visibility of the scan.
- Appointment length: Approximately 20 minutes, of which you can expect 5 to 10 minutes of scanning time.
What's included in your Sexing/Gender Scan
- DVD: The entire scan (including any 4D footage from the free 4d Peek will be captured).
- Photographs: 4 x Black and white 2D Thermal images available free of charge
- Pregnancy Report: A detailed report confirming all the scan findings will be produced including appropriate measurements.
What's not included in your Sexing/Gender Scan
- CD-ROM: Not included (but this may be purchased separately for an additional fee of £10).
More about Sexing/Gender Scans:
- How do I book a Sexing or Gender scan?
- When do I receive results of my sexing or gender scan?
- Why choose Premier Scans for my sexing or gender scan?
Get in touch to find out more or make an enquiry.Contact Us
Been today for our 16 week sexing scan and the service we was provided with was amazing! Staff were very friendly Sharon who did our scan was so welcoming she showed us everything and really took her time, will defo be returning thankyou." Elisabeth M, Lichfield