Price: £65 From: 16 weeks 0 days – 23 weeks 6 days (Twins £90)
Price: £120 From: 24 weeks 0 days – 42 weeks (Twins £120)
A private gender scan can determine the sex of your baby from 16 weeks of pregnancy. Our baby sexing scans at Premier Scans in Lichfield are highly reliable. When good views are obtained the accuracy of our prediction at Premier Scans is over 99%. If however we are unable to obtain good views of the sex of the baby then we may send you for a walk to try and change the baby’s position. If we are still unable to obtain clear views then we will arrange for you to return (free of charge) for one further visit.
Gender scans at this early gestation are not routinely offered on the NHS but you may have one privately without affecting your NHS entitlement. If an abnormality is detected or suspected on your scan the Sonographer will discuss this with you. You will be given a report to take away and an appointment will be arranged for you at the hospital within a few days. You will then be scanned again, once a diagnosis has been made the management of the pregnancy will be discussed further.
About your Gender Scan
The sonographer will scan you through your tummy (trans-abdominally) using the latest technology high resolution ultrasound machine; we are usually able to obtain a clear image using this technique.
- Preparation: Please try to attend with a full bladder as this will improve the visibility of the scan.
- Appointment length: Approximately 20 minutes, of which you can expect 5 to 10 minutes of scanning time.
What’s included in your Gender Scan
- DVD: The entire scan (including any 4D footage from the free 4d Peek will be captured).
- Photographs: 4 x Black and white 2D Thermal images available free of charge
- Pregnancy Report: A detailed report confirming all the scan findings will be produced including appropriate measurements.
What’s not included in your Gender Scan
- CD-ROM: Not included (but this may be purchased separately for an additional fee of £10).